Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ahoy!

My goddaughter is turning 3 this weekend, and we're so excited. She is having a pirate-themed party, so I wanted to make a fun birthday card for her.


I used Create a Critter for the octopus and phrase. I left off the skull on the pirate hat and added a 3 using Alphalicious. After that I decided the card was still missing something. So I made the balloon using George and Basic Shapes and used twine to tie it to the octopus.

I also used glitter glue to add sparkle to the balloon and #3. The octopus and balloon are on foam tape for dimension.



Thanks!


Challenges:
DL.Art: Anything goes
Sisterhood of Crafters: Animals
More than Favors: Birthday
My Craft Spot: Anything goes
Paper Pretties: Birthday
2 Sisters Challenge: Hat
Ladybug Crafts: Child or teen
Corrosive Challenge: Special occasion
Dream Valley: Birthday
Come and Get It: Kid birthday
Inky Chicks: Birthday girl

9 comments:

  1. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Corrosive Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaww, fun card! What a cute octopus and love the background paper:)
    Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute birthday card. Great colour scheme for a child's card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card...so bright and whimsical. The octopus looks sweet with the balloon. Great choice of papers, too. Thanks for joining our Adorable Animals challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card! Thanks for joining our Happy Birthday challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Thank you for joining our Happy Birthday challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adore the pink octopus :) The bright fun,colours and textures are perfect for a little one's card.I'm sure your Goddaughter will be delighted. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! The bright colours are just perfect for a little one!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete